camel-users mailing list archives

From "Walzer, Thomas" <thomas.wal...@integratix.net>
Subject Bindy/FixedLength/encoding/optional fields
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:41:46 GMT
Hi all,

I see strange behaviour in camel-bindy:

1) When I unmarshal a fixed-length file I get errors when the file is encoded in e.g. UTF-8.
It seems that characters that need multiple bytes to encode confuse the parser/scanner. There
was a JIRA with regard to bindy-csv but nothing bindy-fixed.

2) The length parameter in the fixedlength-annotation is required (otherwise it is 0). Wouldn´t
it be nice if this were computed. It would be great to have optional fixed-length fields (like
in old host files). Or do I have to go the smooks-route?

Regards, Thomas.