camel-users mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] hawtio: a new lightweight HTML5 console for Apache Camel, ActiveMQ, JMX, OSGi & Fuse Fabric
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:18:15 GMT
I personally find the tone of this exchange very distasteful and I would
much appreciate you continuing it on other media channels than the
@camel user lists.

FWIW, Lukasz made some valid points. However, you saw a need for a new
project, created it, great. Hawt.io is nice, please continue to drive
its development there.

Thanks,
Hadrian

On 01/25/2013 07:36 AM, James Strachan wrote:
> On 25 January 2013 11:51, Ɓukasz Dywicki <luke@code-house.org> wrote:
>> Gentelmans,
>> Especially from Fuse. We have something similar already in Karaf repository and it's
called WebConsole. It been there since 2011. I'm sure you was aware of that, especially Guilliaume.

> I'm aware of most of the consoles at Apache yes.
>

>> There was example how to use it together with Camel and ServiceMix. But you never
took time to take a look on that.

> How do you know? I did as it happens.
>

>> You decided to create another project instead of supporting existing Apache community
project. Or, I should be happy that you did not fork it?

> I created another project. You got me there! I apologise for having
> the cheek to create a project - I hope you will find it in your heart
> to forgive me one day.
>
> The main reason I did is the idea behind hawtio is to be make a
> technology agnostic plugin based console. So its not OSGi specific or
> Karaf specific; or Tomcat or Fuse Fabric or Camel or ActiveMQ
> specific. Its a generic way to plug consoles together in a technology
> agnostic way.
>
> Thats why I didn't put it inside Apache Camel or Apache Karaf which
> are specific frameworks and containers.
>
> Though there's nothing stopping any project anywhere; inside Apache or
> outside - of making a plugin for hawtio; or reusing hawtio inside its
> own console, or exposing an existing console to hawtio.
>

>> We had the same problems with different web consoles, we saw that two years ago when
you started working on Fabric. Now you came here and rescue us.