camel-users mailing list archives

From "AMARNATH, Balachandar" <BALACHANDAR.AMARN...@airbus.com>
Subject RE: Concurrent processes
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:16:55 GMT

Hi,

With multicast(), I could achieve run processes concurrently. However, not sure to make another
process to wait for completion of previous processes.

from("direct:start")
            .process(new Processor() {
// do something                }
            })
            .multicast().parallelProcessing().process(new Processor(){
                        Thread.sleep(3000);
                        // do something                        }
            }).process(new Processor(){
                        Thread.sleep(1000);
                        // do something
                }
            });

I have fourth process which I am trying to stop until 2 and 3 completes. I tried with Aggregate()
but not successful. Any use case in this line will be helpful

-----Original Message-----
From: Willem jiang [mailto:willem.jiang@gmail.com]
Sent: 29 January 2013 17:03
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Concurrent processes

No, if you are just chain the processor together, for one exchange it will be processed one
by one.
But if you have multiple exchanges, they can be processed concurrently.

--
Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 5:41 PM, AMARNATH, Balachandar wrote:

> Thanks willem Jiang,
>
> So, you mean to say that even though, i have specified like process1().process2().process3(),
they will be executed concurrently. If this is the case, does camel wait for some processes
to finish, for instance, process3 needs inputs from process2 and process1?. I expect camel
to wait for both the processes 1 and 2 to finish before process3 can start.

> With many thanks
> Bala

(like camel-jms, camel-cxf) have their own thread pool.

> --
> Willem Jiang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/) (English)
> http://jnn.iteye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>

> On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 1:50 PM, AMARNATH, Balachandar wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there a way to execute two processes (.process) concurrently with camel? If yes,
please share the appropriate resources

> > With thanks and regards
> > Balachandar
> >

> > The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed
or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
> > If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and delete
this e-mail.
> > Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this
e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content
of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
> > All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning
software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this
message and any attachments are virus free.