camel-users mailing list archives

From jipchix <m_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What's the best way to resequence message
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 17:24:59 GMT
There are 5 web service operations coming into our ESB via a single endpoint.
3 out of 5 have something to do with people profile- adding new person,
adding the person's job codes, deleting the person. The other 2 operations
do not effect a person profile.  When a message related to adding a new
person comes in, then there is an SSN that has to be manipulated before
passing it anywhere, so this particular message will take a tiny extra time
to pass along.

Since a single event of adding a new person can produce at least 3 web
service messages on our end - Ex: a new person working on design and sales
can produce 3 messages: 1 of new person w/ SSN and the other 2 just
reference person id with job code.  I would like for all these 3 messages to
eventually get routed to other department's queue in sequence of their
arrival.  I assume a separate thread takes care of each message as they
arrive and there is a potential that a message referencing a person id and
job may get routed before the person's profile. I'm very new at all these
and everything will take me sometime to try out, so I'm looking for the
simplest solution (a complete example worth tons of reading hours).

Thanks