camel-users mailing list archives

From Rakesh Sharma <rakesh_sharm...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Failing over in-flight exchanges
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:50:16 GMT
Hi Ashwin, Narita, and Christian,

Thanks for very valuable ideas. I was already considering few of the ideas
you put forward. MOM fits in some use cases and it does not fit in many
others. Also, I do not want to create dependence on another infrastructure
if there are other ways of doing it. Also, not all routes are idempotent and
many of them are very long running and will not be a good fit for MOM where
commit may happen after hours.

I would like to explore further on Narita's idea. It works fine when you
understand the message body in the exchange. You can apply the appropriate
marshaller in that case. However, it makes it very specific solution to that
exchange. I am looking at the ways where I could save the payload of
in-flight exchanges and reconstruct it in a generic and non-invasive way. I
was hoping to capture it using camel interceptors. However, I realized that
neither message nor body of an exchange is serializable.

Thanks,
Rakesh