camel-users mailing list archives

From axelr ...@ordix.de>
Subject MailConverters fails with uppercase content type TEXT/PLAIN?
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2013 07:24:18 GMT
Hi,

I am wondering why the MailComponent fails to extract the text body of a
simple (multipart) mail:

TRACE [Camel - imaps://...] org.apache.camel.component.mail.MailBinding:
Part #0: ContentType: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=utf-8

INFO  [Camel - imaps://...] de.ordix: Exchange[ExchangePattern:InOnly,
BodyType:javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart,
Body:javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart@1d8c8b4]

And in MailConverters.java line 72 I found:
/if (part.getContentType().startsWith("text")) {/

[Of course /.convertBodyTo(String.class)/ doesn't change the situation.]

Ok, one solution could be to blame the email client ...

But would it be wrong to change the handling within the MailConverters to
ignorecase?

Best regards
Axel