camel-users mailing list archives

From Vishal Changrani <vishal.changr...@ericsson.com>
Subject Question about change to FileUtil.java
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 23:23:56 GMT
Hi,

In this particular SVN commit, in FileUtil.java method - compactPath, I see that the check
for ".." in the path has been removed. Earier if path didn't contained '..' then the function
would just return.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/util/FileUtil.java?r1=1388906&r2=1388905&pathrev=1388906

(camel/trunk/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/util/FileUtil.java<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/camel/trunk/camel-core/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/util/FileUtil.java?view=markup&pathrev=1388906>
) Rev: 1388906

Problem with that is that in my case I have a windows machine which is trying to FTP to a
linux box via Camel's FTP File producer.
The target ftp folder is /public/data but as Camel tries to do a step wise change of directories,
it first tries to cd to / but on calling FileUtil.compactPath this returns \\ (since host
OS ..not remote OS in windows) and a cd to \\ on the ftp session fails :(

Can someoen please shed some light on why this change was done and if it could be reverted.
The SVN commit says - "fixed a regression in ValidatorSchemaImportTest which was introduced
with r1388762<http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&amp;revision=1388762>"

Thanks,
-v-