camel-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Kunz <t.k...@gmx.de>
Subject How to build an outgoing tcp connection gateway that consumes messages?
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:34:37 GMT
Hi all,

I have a problem that I need to solve and I would like to get a few ideas
about the best options on how to do it since I am new to Camel.

So I do need to implement a gateway to consume XML based messages from a
server. Initially I thought that Netty Consumer mode sounds like it would
match but it needs to be an outgoing tcp connection to the server. Here is
how it works:

There is a blackbox style server that is located somewhere performing some
kind of business logic. This server is listening on tcp port XYZ. Now if an
authorized IP address is connecting as a client to this port the server
immediately starts to dump XML debug messages to the connection. The client
doesn't need to do/send anything, just connect and then start to consume
the XML messages.

Now Camel is supposed to be the client consumer and I need to implement a
gateway that connects to the server and read the XML messages from the tcp
session. The gateway should also auto-reconnect in case the blackbox server
was rebooted or crashed or whatever.

Any good ideas about how to get this going? It would be very much
appreciated!

Thanks,

Thorsten