camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: recipient list - send to all or none / transactions
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:18:11 GMT
On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:11 AM, danielaR <> wrote:
> Yes, thank you for that. I have no errors now, but I still can't find a way
> to implement The functionality that I need.
> I would like camel to send to all recipients in the recipientList in one
> Transaction.
> (Right now I think (or I see in the logs) that it starts a new transaction
> when it sends to a different destination. I would like it to send them all
> in the same transaction, so that when an error occurs and i rollback, none
> of the recipients receive the message).
> Is that even possible ? Can I so this with Camel or should I look into doing
> it with the Spring Transactions?

If its the same resources, such as the same JMS Broker etc. Then you
can do this in a single local transaction.
If you have 2+ resources involved you would need XA (2 phase commit),
and thats a beast to setup and get working.

And it the work needs to be done in the same thread as Spring TX uses
thread locals and whatnot for managing the TX.
Camel doesnt do the TX itself, but uses Spring TX under the covers.