camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: losing headers after mondodb endpoint
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:38:01 GMT
On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 3:39 AM, Jason Chaffee <> wrote:
> I am processing a REST call using CXFRS and then sending that to a mongodb endpoint,
and finally building up the Response for the CXFRS endpoint.  I would like to access the headers
that CXFRS puts in the Exchange when I build up the Response (I probably need to get some
Context objects out of the body as well).  However, the mondodb endpoint gives me a new Exchange
with all of the headers gone.
> How can I best handle this?

You can use the content enricher eip

But often the Camel components "respect" the old headers and leave the
as is, eg populate the existing headers.
Maybe we should look into have mongodb do the same?

> The only thing I can think of at this point is to do a processor and have a producer
in the processor that sends a message to the mongodb endpoint and then I can take that result
and continue use the Exchange that came in from the CXFRS call into the processor.
> Are there any other options?
> Jason

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.