camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem jiang <>
Subject Re: ContextTestSupport vs CamelTestSupport
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 01:02:09 GMT
First you should use the CamelTestSupport instead of ContextTestSupport in you test case.

Because CamelTestSupport is in the camel-core-test.jar. If you use it you will introduce a
very big test jar, and you just want to use small part of it.Normally, we suggest use to use
the CamelTestSupport from camel-test module.

As we don't have camel-api module to hold the APIs, camel-test module has the dependency of
camel-core. The camel-core unit test cannot have the dependency of camel-test which will introduce
the dependency cycle.  So camel-core still use ContextTestSupport in the old way.

Maybe we can consider to put the TestSupport into to the camel-core.jar in the next big version
of camel.

Willem Jiang

Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat