camel-users mailing list archives

From Jason Chaffee <jchaf...@shopzilla.com>
Subject Re: losing headers after mondodb endpoint
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 05:13:19 GMT
I like that idea, but there could be a situation where it is distributed, meaning there is
either a MQ between them for store and forward or DOSGI.

On Dec 12, 2012, at 8:15 PM, "Willem jiang" <willem.jiang@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You may consider to store those headers into exchange properties.
> Camel will help you to copy exchange properties across the endpoints by default if they
are not in the different JVM.

> --
> Willem Jiang
>
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Web: http://www.fusesource.com | http://www.redhat.com
> Blog: http://willemjiang.blogspot.com (http://willemjiang.blogspot.com/) (English)
>          http://jnn.iteye.com (http://jnn.javaeye.com/) (Chinese)
> Twitter: willemjiang
> Weibo: 姜宁willem
>

> On Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Jason Chaffee wrote:
>
>> I am processing a REST call using CXFRS and then sending that to a mongodb endpoint,
and finally building up the Response for the CXFRS endpoint. I would like to access the headers
that CXFRS puts in the Exchange when I build up the Response (I probably need to get some
Context objects out of the body as well). However, the mondodb endpoint gives me a new Exchange
with all of the headers gone.

>> How can I best handle this?
>>
>> The only thing I can think of at this point is to do a processor and have a producer
in the processor that sends a message to the mongodb endpoint and then I can take that result
and continue use the Exchange that came in from the CXFRS call into the processor.