camel-users mailing list archives

From spatil4572 <spatil4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Proxying of content repository Web Services
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:45:39 GMT
Hi,

I am a newbie and need help.

We have a client application that communicates with a content management
system using content management systems' own web services. We would like to
add Apache Camel between the client and content management system. We would
like to do this in such a way that there is no change in the client or
content management system. Of course, we would be able to configure the new
web service endpoints etc in the client to direct the client requests to
proxy instead of content management system. Initially, we just want to route
the requests in the proxy to content management system. Later on, we plan on
modifying the messages etc.

Here are my queries related to this:
1. Is Apache Camel right fit for this need? I think so, but just wanted to
understand if there are any caveats.
2. I am assuming we would not be required to implement any extensive web
service consumer (i.e. client functionality) in Apache Camel. Otherwise we
would be duplicating the efforts in both client and Camel. Can you please
help me understand if this is the right assumption?
3. Is CXF Proxy Example, the best one that is similar to my need? Is there
any other example that I should look at?

Regards.