camel-users mailing list archives

From Hildegard Schedthelm <hilde.sch...@yahoo.de>
Subject Web Service Consumer Route: service class implementation vs. exchange.getOut().setBody("")
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2012 11:31:51 GMT
Hello folks!

As I have started to build up a web service by a web service consumer route I
had difficulties to grasp how to accommodate the web service implementation
to this approach.
Now I have figured out that the web service response is done by

exchange.getOut().setBody("RESPONSE");

in any processor or bean the route has configured.

But what about the serviceClass I have configured for the cxf endpoint? Actually there
is already an implementation but ignored because what matters is what happens

inside the route.

from("cxf://http://localhost:9090/OrderEndpointPort?serviceClass=camel.testcamel.OrderEndpointImpl")

package camel.testcamel;

@WebService(endpointInterface = "camel.testcamel.OrderEndpoint", serviceName = "OrderEndpointService")

public class OrderEndpointImpl implements OrderEndpoint {

    @Override
    public String order(String partName, int amount, String customerName) {
      return "" + amount;
    }

}

I am a little bit confused about the implementation bypass but ask you to give
me a confirmation that this is the proper approach camel intended.

Cheers
Hilde