camel-users mailing list archives

From gheidorn <>
Subject Looking for right pattern combination with Multicast, Enrichment and Aggregation
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 19:10:58 GMT
I'm looking for the right pattern(s) to apply to the following scenario:

1.  I retrieve Object A from a Queue.
2.  I take a subset of the data from Object A (call it Object SubA) and send
it to a SOAP Web Service which returns "scrubbed" values in the form of
Object SubA.
3.  I take the data from SubA and map it back into original ObjectA,
overwriting the values that were "scrubbed".
4.  I place the enriched Object A onto another Queue.

The big problem I have is how do I maintain access to the original Object A
after I've done the enrichment (the SOAP call).  I've done some poking and
prodding and came up with the following route:

<from uri="jms:orginQueue" />
<multicast parallelProcessing="false">
    <process ref="convertObjectAtoSubsetOfObjectA" />
    <enrich uri="cxf:bean:mySOAPEndpoint" strategyRef="SOAPAggStrat" />

How do I do that aggregation?  I looked at the aggregator and it wasn't
intuitive to me from an initial look.  Bigger question is am I using the
right patterns / components here to do what I want to do?