camel-users mailing list archives

From santhosh <>
Subject Request/Reply pattern without jms?
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 08:20:32 GMT
 0 down vote favorite

My requirement is to have a web service which will receive the request from
clients and then route through camel,enrich it and forward it to another
webservice at other clients place ,get response and send it back to the
original requestor.

I am understanding correct.Do we need to set ReplyTo header if we do this. I
guess this solves the problem .Earlier in a post at stackExchange
Claus  had explained there is no need to set correlation id as camel does it
automatically if it isnt assigned.

My questions are we are looking ultra light weight implementation.we might
have to contend with memory as low as 300 MB.No activeMQ,no SMX.Just going
with karaf.what is the best jms provider if we need to use jms that has
small footprint.or is activemq ok.

I also thinking of doing this

<from uri="cxf:bean:cxfProxyEndpoint?dataFormat=MESSAGE" />
<camel:convertBodyTo type="java.lang.String"></camel:convertBodyTo>

<to uri="http://X:8080/X">

The cxf proxy webservice has operations that returns a value.So we receive
the request ,send it to preprocessors and then call remote webservice as
http endpoint ,get the response ,post process it and the response is message
at end of route(am i correct).My question would the request and response
match.How should i test it.we also will be multicasting the request from
proxy to various http endpoints and aggregating the replies before sending
it out to client requestor.Should i really proceed in this route or is it a
poor design.