camel-users mailing list archives

From Willem jiang <willem.ji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CAMEL -JMS Request TimeOut
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 05:20:44 GMT

On Friday, November 2, 2012 at 11:30 AM, ravi.4indra wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am seeing the below behaviour with camel-jms component.
>
> inOut("jms:queue:quename?replyTo=queue1&requestTimeOut=30000")
> to("direct:nextRoute");
>
> I think requestTimeOut is the time camel will wait to get response from the
> queue.
> But I noticed that the total timeout for the route is set to 30000 ms. If my
> route takes more that 30000ms i am getting timeout exception. Is this the
> expected behaviour?

The requestTimeOut is for the JmsProducer which will wait for the replay within the timeout
time.
It is not the time for the route.

> and also noticed the thread JmsreplyTimeoutChecker running all the time what
> is this thread for?

I think you means JmsReplyManagerTimeoutChecker, it's a thread pool for the ReplayManager
which will wait for the response and correlate the response with request by using the correlation
id.