camel-users mailing list archives

From Scott England-Sullivan <sully6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: transactional client vs transacted=true on a jms route?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 19:31:34 GMT
Hi David,

No, they are not equivalent.  The transacted=true by itself initializes the
container for simple local JMS Session transactions.

The <transacted> element is used in conjunction with the Spring
PlatformTransactionManager as defined on the Transaction
Client<http://camel.apache.org/transactional-client.html>link you have
referenced.

Make sense?

Best Regards,
Scott ES

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM, David Karlsen <davidkarlsen@gmail.com>wrote:

> No one?
> Are these equivalent?
>
> 2012/11/5 David J. M. Karlsen <davidkarlsen@gmail.com>:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I have a route where the from endpoint is jms based.
> > The end of the route will be a jms endpoint as well.
> > I also have errorhandling in an onException clause which will put the
> > message on a third jms queue.
> >
> > So in short - jms in - jms out.
> >
> > I wanna protect this messagehandling with a jms transaction handler (all
> > resources use the same connection factory so that messages cannot be
> lost.
> >
> > I can either configure the route to use <transacted /> as described in:
> > http://camel.apache.org/transactional-client.html.
> >
> > But I can also just configure the jms endpoints to use transacted=true as
> > described in:
> > http://camel.apache.org/jms.html
> >
> > is there any difference at all by configuring them either way?
> >

> > --
>

> --
> --
> David J. M. Karlsen - http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidkarlsen

Scott England-Sullivan
Apache Camel Committer
Principal Consultant / Sr. Architect | Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Web:     fusesource.com <http://www.fusesource.com> |
redhat.com<http://www.redhat.com>
Blog:     sully6768.blogspot.com