camel-users mailing list archives

From Scott England-Sullivan <sully6...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: camel standlaone application deployment in clustered enviornment
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:24:23 GMT
Hi maheshadepu,

You questions are a bit vague for even an architectural conversation.  In
general though, speaking from your 100K foot view, I will answer your
questions:

{snip}

I wanted to deploy camel stand alone application in clustered environment.  I
am loading camel context thru a spring main class.  If i have to deploy
this stand alone application on 4 nodes.

Do I have to change anything?
  Yes, host names.

If i follow what i am doing then I will have 4 jvms & 4 camel contexts?
  Yes

Is clustering possible with standalone camel app deployment?
  Yes

Any deployment suggestions?
  No (given I have no idea what your environment looks like, nor do I have
any "message-flow" requirements or context.

Is it possible to load only one camel context on multiple nodes?
  Yes

{snip}

In general you would be better off asking a more specific architectural
question with an example use case or set of requirements.

Also, when you say clustering, this implies you have shared-concurrent data
across all nodes in the cluster.  I wonder if you are you actually
"clustering" or "parallel-processing"?

Either way the answer would be "yes you can do either".  How you set them
up though would be very different depending on your application and message
flow requirements.

Sorry I can't help more.

Best Regards,
Scott ES