camel-users mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject Re: Saxon and saxon9he
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 07:56:39 GMT
Hello Christian.

Thanks for your remarks. However, I did try using the camel-saxon feature
(first thing I did) but it doesn't work when running under pure Karaf. It
probably works under ServiceMix (haven't tested that) but I have my own
custom Karaf+Camel distribution.

I'm not 100% sure what is wrong but first of all an XmlResolver is needed
which is why I need to install org.apache.servicemix.bundles.xmlresolver.
It seems like the camel-saxon features assumes that this is present. I
think this bundle should be added to the camel-saxon feature since the
feature shouldn't assume that you are running in ServiceMix. It should only
assume a standard Karaf.

Also, I can't get it to work with version 9.3.0.11_2
of org.apache.servicemix.bundles.saxon due to "No XPathFctory
implementation found for the object model: http://saxon.sf.net/jaxp/xpath/om".
If I change to version 9.4.0.4_1 it works.

Perhaps the Camel feature descriptors are not adapted for Karaf 2.3.0? Or
they are not tested in pure Karaf but only in ServiceMix (this is what I
think).

Regarding xquery vs xpath that's very interesting. My use case doesn't need
anything more advanced than xpath and I (falsely?) assumed that the least
advanced (xpath) would give me the best performance. It seems very
illogical that the more advanced xquery would perform better. I will try
your suggestion though.

Thanks,

/Bengt