camel-users mailing list archives

From Henri Tremblay <henri.tremb...@gmail.com>
Subject Order of unit testing
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 09:09:48 GMT
Hi,

I've started to play with Camel and loving it. However, I'm still having
problems with the testing.

I want to do an integration test of a complete message processing. Here's
the flow, please focus on the solution, not on the fact that the
architecture is a nonsense, that part isn't really my fault (but I can use
any useful ideas)

Here it goes:

   1. Message received from JMS
   2. Stored in DB
   3. Read from DB with a consumer
   4. Sent to a direct route
   5. Status changed
   6. Sent to another system in REST
   7. The other system will change the status in DB and create new DB
   entries
   8. Read from DB with another consumer the new DB entries
   9. Sent to the same direct route
   10. Sent them to the same system in REST

My questions are

   - I want to check the message when entering in both direct route. How
   calls like expectedMessageCount are working? Is it ordered? So I should put
   an expectedMessageCount(1) for the first call and another for the second a
   bit below in my test
   - I want to be able to check the status changed at point 5 before it is
   changed again at step 7. How can I do that?
   - What's the ordering of things like
   expectedMessageCount, expectedBodyReceived? When they are specified in a
   row, they always apply to the same message? Is message(0) working the same
   way?

If it can help understanding the questions, I'm an EasyMock dude. So I'm
trying to map the Camel expectation to their equivalent EasyMock behavior.

Any help?

Thanks,
Henri