camel-users mailing list archives

From "Forsthofer, Franz" <franz.forstho...@sap.com>
Subject Is it possible to change the directory name of an FTP consumer endpoint at runtime without stopping the route?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:11:58 GMT
Hello,

in my scenario I have to pull files via FTP consumer endpoint from two directories dir1 and
dir2. But the condition is that first all files from directory dir1 shall be read before the
files from dir2 are read.

My first idea was to create two routes, one route with a FTP consumer endpoint for directory
dir1 and one route with a FTP consumer endpoint for directory dir2 and that I control the
starting and stopping of the consumers in a custom RoutePolicy which is used by both routes.
I tried this and this works fine.

However, I am wondering whether there is not a better way. Is it not possible to have only
one FTP consumer endpoint which can be stopped and reconfigured without stopping the route?
I know there is the possibility to add and remove routes at runtime. But I do not want to
"disturb" the route processing by stopping the route.

Regards Franz