camel-users mailing list archives

From "alberto.zigoni" <alberto.zig...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel 2.10.2 timer component does not fire at startup
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:52:34 GMT
Dear Camel community,

I have noticed a problem with the timer component. I have this route here:

		<route id="sessionTokenRefresher">
			<from uri="timer://scheduler?fixedRate=true&amp;period=1800s" />
			<process ref="authenticateProcessor" />
			<log message="updated session token at ${property.CamelTimerFiredTime}"
/>
		</route>

that is supposed to fire when the route is started during normal Camel
context startup.

Since I migrated to version 2.10.2, the route doesn't fire anymore on
startup. I have seen that if I connect via JMX and manually stop/start the
route, then the timer fires.

I have tried with the delay and initialDelay parameters, but with no luck so
far.

Could this be a bug? Or is it a change by-design in how the component works?
If so, how could I force a fire upon startup?

Thanks in advance.

Alberto