camel-users mailing list archives

From Hilde <>
Subject ftp-consumer: recovering a previous established connection
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:25:48 GMT
Hi there!

We have a polling ftp-consumer route configured as follows:

The problem we have encounterd is the connection can be disrupted once it
was established first.
At this moment we are not trying to establish the conneciton in order to
enter the route but instead we are already
inside the polling ftp consumer route and trust on a valid connection.
Call me naive but I was conviced that the option /maximumReconnectAttept/
was intended to catch and remedy such a situation
namely tries to repair the using connection inside the route.
I have debbuged camel code an have figured out that only before establishing
the polling ftp consumer route the
option /maximumReconnectAttept/ is taking into account. The method
/prePollCheck()/ in class
 /org.apache.camel.component.file.remote.RemoteFileConsumer<T>/ that uses
the option /maximumReconnectAttept/ is only called
before but not after the polling consumer route is established.
For Telling you the whole story I have an exception policy inside the route.
Could that be the reason to ignore option

*We are using Apache Camel 2.10.2*

Any ideas would be appreciated!