camel-users mailing list archives

From "David J. M. Karlsen" <davidkarl...@gmail.com>
Subject transactional client vs transacted=true on a jms route?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 18:36:06 GMT
Hi.

I have a route where the from endpoint is jms based.
The end of the route will be a jms endpoint as well.
I also have errorhandling in an onException clause which will put the
message on a third jms queue.

So in short - jms in - jms out.

I wanna protect this messagehandling with a jms transaction handler (all
resources use the same connection factory so that messages cannot be lost.

I can either configure the route to use <transacted /> as described in:
http://camel.apache.org/transactional-client.html.

But I can also just configure the jms endpoints to use transacted=true as
described in:
http://camel.apache.org/jms.html

is there any difference at all by configuring them either way?