camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Müller <christian.muel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Best Practise for (Dynamic Topic in Ear Project)
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 20:08:20 GMT
Hello Zuff!

Please find my comments inline.

Best,
Christian

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:42 AM, zuff <bhtan1982@live.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   I would like to seek advise on what is the suggested guideline for
> handling temporary jms topic in a EAR backing bean.
>
>   The scenario is as such.
>
>   Server 1:
>   One ear project deployed on Weblogic, one of the backing beans allow user
> to publish a request that submit a jms topic.
>

>   Server 2:
>   Camel running and consuming from the route.  e.g.
> from("activemq:topic:doWork)
>   Triggered an external system (Server 3) to process the request and
> response by saving xml file into a folder.
>    Route picked up the files and continue processing, (Need to reply to a
> temporary topic if neccessary.)
>
> My questions.
> a. How do i configure Server 1 to listen to the temproary topic?

You are sure you have to use a topic and not a queue?
Camel will create the tmp. destination for you, if you use the InOut MEP.

> updating
> the route? how do i remove it from the route after consuming?

Camel will do this for you because it consumes the message.

> using
> @Dispose(i heard its not guranteed to run) ?

I didn't get this.

> - Do I have to create a JMS connection and create an temporaryTopic? It's a
> bit counter-productive.

You have to configure the connection factory and Camel will create the
connection and Queue/Topic (I assume you use ActiveMQ).

> b. If i not mistaken, camel seems to generate a temp-queue for JMSReplyTo,
> how do i make use of this?

Use the InOut MEP. I think you should have a look into the JMS unit tests:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-jms/

> c.  I guess since Route 1 and Route 2 are seperated, my intention is to
> have
> a map to keep track of the requestID and the  JMSReplyTo in a Map, but are
> there any better ways to resolve this mapping?

Yes. Camel will handle this for you. Check out the unit tests or the
examples Camel provides: http://camel.apache.org/examples.html

> d. Are there any better way to do it?

Yes, I think so. Why do you plan to use a file to connect server 3 and
server 2?