camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Asynchronous socket read-write via camel
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 08:40:33 GMT
Hi Chad

Thanks for sharing this with us, and if / when you get the time to
help out with the camel-mina2 component.
I have said it many times, we love contributions at ASF.

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Chad Beaulac <cabeaulac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Somebody asked me about this so I'm sharing my response with the list. The question was,
how do I do this now if the functionality doesn't exist in camel-mina2 yet.

> Response:
> I've been working, off and on, to get this functionality into camel-mina2. Unfortunately,
my schedule with customers keeps putting this on the back burner.

> My projects have asynchronous and synchronous TCP/UDP I/O between Java and C++ components.
I wrote a Google Protocol Buffers for mina2. I ported that codec to C++ also.

> Synchronous Comms Approach
> 1) Messages are defined in Google Protocol Buffers (GBP) using extensions
> 2) camel-mina2 endpoints are used for Java subsystems.
> 3) If we don't expect a reply for a given message, we set route to asynch. If reply can
vary, we always send a reply and just send an empty GPB message for handshaking sometimes