camel-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Managing high availability with Camel
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:48:06 GMT
I know of two solutions that provide something similar.

If you run your applications with apache karaf then you can setup file
or db based locking. So the container starts up with a low runlevel and
then only fully starts after aquiring the lock.
If you then package your camel routes into bundles they will be
automatically started when the lock is available.

I also have done a prototype of a per route locking solution. See
https://github.com/cschneider/simplecluster

While you can use jmx for this I think it is difficult to make it really
reliable. The db lock solution I and karaf used are proven.
Perhaps you can build upon this.

Best regards

Christian