camel-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <>
Subject Re: RESTful route with Apache CXF
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 10:38:21 GMT
Hi Ralf
On 01/10/12 07:50, Ralf Steppacher wrote:
> Willam,
> thanks for the hint. I shall look into camel-cxfrs.
> Could you give me a usage example of the cxfbean component? What would
> be a scenario where immediate marshalling to the client-requested format
> is desired? Is the idea that all work necessary to produce a meaningful
> response is done in the resource class and the route only consists of
> the cxfbean endpoint?

When you have a JAX-RS annotated bean with @Produces, it is not really
possible to 'delay' marshalling of the response object.

I think something interesting in this regard can also done with the new
JAX-RS 2.0 AsyncResponse: say at the top of the route the JAX-RS request
is accepted, suspended and resumed at some later stage (the end of the
route). This just a theory at the moment though, not sure how it will
can be coordinated with the Camel thread running the whole route

Perhaps one working option is to register a custom JAX-RS
MessageBodyReader which will simply cache the response object in its
writeTo method and then at the end of the route this provider will be
asked to 'flush' the response. Will it work for you ?

> Thanks!
> Ralf
of PriceReuqestMessage from the message body.
> [1]

View raw message