camel-users mailing list archives

From dbboon99 <>
Subject Errors when executing ETL Example. Changed derby datasource to mysql
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 04:33:52 GMT

I am trying to execute the ETL example shipped with Camel 2.10.1. I executed
the derby default configuration and it worked fine. However while changing
the database to mysql, I get the below error.
[mel.example.etl.CustomerEntity] ultPollingConsumerPollStrategy WARN
could not poll endpoint:
caused by: Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction; nested
exception is <openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 nonfatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: There were errors
initializing your configuration: <openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 fatal user
error> org.apache.openjpa.util.UserException: A connection could not be
obtained for driver class "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" and URL
"jdbc:mysql://;create=false".  You may have specified an
invalid URL.

I have the mysql jar in the classpath. I am able to connect to the test
database via a standalone java program.

Following is the entry from persistence.xml.

			<property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.driver"
value="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" />
			<property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.url"
value="jdbc:mysql://;create=false" />
			<property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.user" value="root" />
			<property name="javax.persistence.jdbc.password" value="root" />
			<property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation"
value="drop-and-create-tables" />
			<property name="eclipselink.ddl-generation.output-mode"	value="database"

I had changed the following in the camel-context.xml as shown below

        <bean id="jpaAdapter"
            <property name="databasePlatform"
value="org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.MySQLDictionary" />
            <property name="database" value="MYSQL"/>

Can someone please point me to what I am doing wrong here?