camel-users mailing list archives

From scottj <scott.james...@outlook.com>
Subject is camel the right choice?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 21:06:13 GMT
hello list,
as a student's project we've received the task to come up with an
architecture for a flight search. Like e.g. hipmunk.com. Our idea was to let
camel handle the integration part, but we are not sure if this would be a
feasible solution.

idea: camel receives X requests that are to be dispatched to X different
online airline services, e.g. Delta, Air France. We assume the airline
services require different formats; some may require an http-request, some
may require json/xml etc. Camel dispatches these requests and receives the
answers. Upon receiving the answers, answers are transformed to a common
format which is to be stored in a database. A unique id should identify the
initial X requests with the answers received (assume the airline service
feedbacks this in the response)

so the short question is: is Camel the right technology for this? Or have we
completely misunderstood what Camel can do?

any suggestion is highly appreciated!