camel-users mailing list archives

From scrutari <>
Subject Re: OSGi (Felix) + Camel + logback interaction issue
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 07:51:01 GMT
After several tests we have figured out the cause of issues involving NPEs.
In general within this problem we deal with three bundles: camel-core,
logback-classic and our custom bundle that contains custom logback appender.
The described problem occurs when the bundles are installed via different
types of URLs. When we hold camel-core and logback-classic inside WAR (and
access via "jndi:/") and our custom - in specific directory (it is accessed
via "file:/") - the NPEs rises very often during start-up and bundle
resolution process. But when all bundles are kept inside same place (all in
WAR or all in a directory) - everything works fine. That is the reason for
exceptions at start-up.

However, our results do not explain why <camel:doTry /> and <camel:doCatch
/> stopped working - this must be a bug in Camel 2.9.3+.

Yours faithfully,