camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Camel converters chaining.
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:04:06 GMT
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 5:03 PM, solimo <> wrote:
> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
>> Chained converters can be tricky as they can become non optimal, if
>> the intermediate conversion
>> takes time/memory etc. It would instead often be better to have A -> C
>> directly as converter.
> True!
> Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
>> Also if there is multiple choices for the chain, which one to pick etc?
> Simple tasks are no fun, right :)?
> Any way, my problem is that Ive written really simple context which
> transformed message by xpath component. The cxf payload type has been
> replaced by come apache Node (wrapper for some kind of iterator - sorry
> cannot recall full class name right now) and those node was not convertible
> out of the box when used in choice bean method invocation (w3c Document
> type). So camel's core components only were used.

The DOM API is terrible, eg NodeList is not even a proper List etc.

> it is possible that some converters were not included (its camel test only)
> by default? Logs registered over 100 converters ready to use.

Well there is plenty of converters out of the box. And when working
with XML, and if you use JAXB, then you can add camel-jaxb, which adds
support for type converting to/from JAXB annotated java classes.

What version of Camel are you using?