camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Karaf and camel-fop
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 06:32:43 GMT
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de> wrote:
> I should have mentioned that I did as you suggested using features:install for camel
and camel-fop (as well as camel-blueprint etc.)

Yeah I am not sure what to do than other than digging into it, there
may be some of the OSGi bundles that needs to have their MANIFEST.MF
files tweaked to get them working properly.

But also the FOP library itself may do some class-loading tricks that
don't work well with OSGi. And then its often harder to get working.

Another approach that people have done is to put together an uber JAR
with all the smaller JARs and then deploy that (for example with wrap)
then that seems to work. Although that goes against the idea of OSGi
modularity and bundles a bit.

And possibly there may be FAB which could make it work. For example
people using Hibernate get this working much easier with FAB;
Hibernate being one of the toughest piece to get working with OSGi.
http://www.davsclaus.com/2012/08/osgi-deployment-made-easy-with-fab.html

At the Apache communities we love help and contributions, so if you
got the need and time for FOP, then we would love help with getting
the camel-fop feature to run out of the box in the Apache products.

> Am 14.09.2012 um 09:36 schrieb Claus Ibsen:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> If you use Karaf / SMX then there is a camel-fop feature you can use
>> to install. That is the recommended approach for installing Camel
>> components.
>>
>> features:install camel
>> features:install camel-fop
>>
>> Though the camel-fop feature may not yet 100% work. As you say below,
>> classloading from non-OSGi friendly JARs is not easy to get working
>> seamless with OSGi.
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de> wrote:
>>> I installed the dependencies via osgi:install from that repository which enabled
the Camel route to deploy (defined via Blueprint xml). But when I tried to submit data I got
the error

>>> java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Don't know how to handle "application/pdf"
as an output format. Neither an FOEventHandler, nor a Renderer could be found for this output
format.
>>>        at org.apache.fop.render.RendererFactory.createFOEventHandler(RendererFactory.java:361)[72:org.apache.servicemix.bundles.fop:1.0.0.2]
>>>
>>> So I think it doesn't find the Renderers. As far as I understand the mechanism
fop is using for getting it's renderers it depends on Java class loading.

>>> Maruan

camel standalone. So the issue is when running inside an OSGI container. I'll do some more
investigation. Is there someone around using camel-fop inside Karaf or ServiceMix? Any hints?

piece of software and very helpful community.

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> FuseSource
>> Email: cibsen@fusesource.com