camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Issues with URI containing %40 or %26
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 08:28:57 GMT

I added an unit test using your username and password which have special signs

This works fine. I change the logging in the ftp login code from trace
to info level to see the password being used

2012-09-13 10:25:56,324 [//src/main/data] INFO  FtpOperations
        - Attempting to login user: us@r using password: t%st
2012-09-13 10:25:56,351 [//src/main/data] INFO  RemoteFileProducer
        - Connected and logged in to:

The only issue I could find is if you specify the username in the
authority part of the url, eg in the beginning

eg the double @ fools Camel. That should be fixeable though.

But the encoding of the password worked fine when using the url as
        return "ftp://localhost:" + getPort() +

The @ gets encoded to %40, and the password is masked when being
logged (eg the ****)
, but that would be encoded as (from debugging)