camel-users mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Camel vs BPEL
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 02:59:59 GMT
Finally somebody who pointed out the real difference. Thanks Bruno.

Camel is stateless, WS-BPEL is stateful! If you need to deal with state,
which is usually the case, Camel will only partially help. You'll have
to deal with persistence and correlation yourself. For simple projects,
it's next to trivial, for larger ones, not so much.

OTOH, BPEL only knows/cares of WS, using it together with Camel extends
the reach of your business process orders of magnitude. So in some cases
Camel can substitute BPEL, in most others it complements it really well.

Hadrian