camel-users mailing list archives

From declancox <declan....@gmail.com>
Subject Camel netty - Netty ChannelBuffer classloading issue in Karaf 2.2.9
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:40:16 GMT
Hi,
I have a simple camel route using the netty component (Karaf 2.2.9, Camel
2.10.0 an Netty version 3.5.1.Final). I construct the CamelContext
programmatically to take advantage of the OSGi Config Admin Managed Service
factory  (see my
<http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Using-ManagedServiceFactory-to-dynamically-deploy-routes-td5719969.html>

for details).
The route is similar to the following:

really quite simple.

I can run this in a standalone fashion and everything works well enough,
however when I deploy to Karaf I get issues when I send messages to the
netty endpoint (the routes start up fine).

Here is an excerpt from the stacktrace:

So it seems that for some reason the Netty ChannelBuffer class fails to get
loaded (the first exception is a class load attempt) and hence the ensuing
NoClassDefFoundError. I have no clue why this is happening and the closest
related post I could find to it was  here
<https://community.jboss.org/thread/200310?_sscc=t>  .

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks,
Declan