camel-users mailing list archives

From shindito <>
Subject How does a Camel component update change existing routes
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:21:25 GMT

I'm using the JMS Component to create a JMS application which have to types
of toutes:
1) from vm IM endpoints to JMS topics.
2) from JMS topics to user processors.
The JMS Component uses JNDI for topic/connection factory resolution.  And I
want to change the physical data of this component -the provider url in
order to use a different machine as the JMS Provider.

My question is: how should I switch/update the component, in order to have
the change reflected by all already existing routes which are using this

Is it going to work like this:
camelContext.removeComponent(componentName); //remove old component
camelContext.addComponent(componentName, newComponent);

If not, what is the "Camel"-like approach to have this component
configuration change reflected in all routes?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,