camel-users mailing list archives

From AlanFoster <a...@alanfoster.me>
Subject Re: Change Sql Component BLOB datatype to XML for Aggregator serialization
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 10:07:40 GMT
Thanks for your Response Christian

I wonder if there's a nice way to keep all of the functionality of the
current Jdbc aggregator that the sql-component offers, but just change the
way it marshalls the data? Through blueprint property setters

I looked into the source code for this area, and I noticed the main point of
marshalling/unmarshalling the exchange is done with the codec :
private JdbcCamelCodec codec = new JdbcCamelCodec();

This would be the only thing that needs to be changed right? But the class
type is final so it can't be extended and the JdbcAggregationRepository
class has no getters/setters for the codeec field so it can't be changed at
all through blueprint configuration =[

Can you recommend the expected way to change this sort of functionality
without creating my own new aggregation repository from scratch please?

Thanks again for the help
Alan