camel-users mailing list archives

From Omar Atia <omar.a...@its.ws>
Subject RE: Camel vs BPEL
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:45:34 GMT
Adding to this BPEL is slow in performance for heavy load activities.

Camel is the best solution you go for , even spring DSL configuration you can do the same.

-----Original Message-----
From: Henryk Konsek [mailto:hekonsek@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2012 4:12 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Camel vs BPEL

> Hi, can anyone give some really good convincing stuff that why should
> we use camel over BPEL?

Call me stupid, but BPEL is too complex for me. :)

If I want to orchestrate two WS endpoints and perform some transformation on the data, I would
like to express this with a few lines of DSL.

I'm technical guy and one of the things I'm paid for is to estimate the cost of deploying
given technical solution. In my opinion investing into the BPEL is expensive. BPEL is complicated
and inflexible. Only abusive volume of legacy BPEL code will convince me to suggest somebody
to stick to the BPEL.

I don't see any value in the BPEL complexity.

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com