camel-users mailing list archives

From Graham Little <graham.lit...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Debugging Live Camel Routes
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:11:17 GMT

Hi Alan,

I currently debugging my java dsl for camel routes and endpoints with the Eclipse IDE. You
just have to make sure that the version running in servicemix and the version in your eclipse
project is the same. Then you can go to Debug / Debug Configurations / Remote Java Application
and create a profile for connecting to your servicemix. In my case with the Debug mode turned
on in my servicemix.bat like this:

set SERVICEMIX_DEBUG=DUMMY

results in

set DEFAULT_JAVA_DEBUG_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005

being added to the java command.

Then I attach via socket to localhost:5005, start the debugging command in eclipse and it
will connect to the servicemix instance and then any breakpoints reached will be triggered
in Eclipse. You may find you have to start and stop the bundle you are working to get it to
pick up initialisation break points.

Hope this helps

thanks

Graham