camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FAQ "How do I use Spring Property Placeholder with Camel XML" missleading
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:31:58 GMT
Hi

Thanks for reporting. I have updated the FAQ to be more clear about
NOT. The page will get synced usually within an hour or so.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM, Guido Zockoll <Guido.Zockoll@payone.de> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> we spent a few hours in trying to get the Property Placeholder Configuration to work.
The problem was the FAQ. We visit the FAQ page multiple times ... until someone notices that
the first example is *not* supported. The page starts with "We don't yet support the ${something}
notation inside arbitrary Camel XML.". But while in a hurry, no one read the "don't".

> It is a bad teaching habit to show something which will not work in the same manner like
something that will work. I big red "don't do that sticker" will save hours for some readers.

--
Claus Ibsen