camel-users mailing list archives

From tonyperrin <>
Subject Setting root folder as endpoint - Could not poll endpoint NPE
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:47:26 GMT

I am running the maven archetype simple-router sample code on a Mac.  If I
set my .from file to be any sub folder I can see my messages being copied
correctly, ie if .from is:  file:/Users/username/Desktop/messagesfolder
everything is fine but if I set the .from folder to 'file:/' for the root
folder I get a 'could not poll endpoint: Endpoint[file:///?noop=true] caused
by: null'  NullPointerException.

Here is my configure() code:

                when(xpath("/person/city =

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to read from a root folder, I have
correct permissions set, or am I setting the root folder 'file:/'

Thank you.