camel-users mailing list archives

From mk <>
Subject Camel usage in Online usecases
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 10:36:22 GMT
In our product, we have the following requirements:
1) In the data ingest side, we will have around 5 million records/sec
traffic. These CDR records could come to us in various transports including
file, JMS, XML over HTTP etc. This data has to be received and written into
2) In the output side, we have an online module connected to customer care
applications. Here again, we need to accept queries over various transports
like HTTP, JMS, bulk file etc. The system needs to parse the query,
implement business logic and retrieve data from HBase, send the response to
the online query.
Since the product involved a lot of transport support (like HTTP, JMS,
future expandable to TCP, UDP streams), Im considering bringing in Apache
Does Camel suit these kind of online usecases where performance and latency
are important parameters? Does the Camel layer significantly impact latency?
It would be very helpful if someone can:
1) Throw some light on the performance/latency issues in Camel, if any
2) Point to existing production examples that use Camel for similar online
3) Point to other resources which could throw more light on this subject
Thanks & Regards