camel-users mailing list archives

From mabahma <>
Subject Camel CXF Exception-Fault Handling
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 13:31:59 GMT

We have a client sending a request to a CXF WS endpoint

MessageContentsList messageContentsList = (MessageContentsList)
template.requestBodyAndHeaders( uri,message));
		 // wait for the route to complete

 then Camel route the message to a processor where we check for Exceptions
like this :

} catch (Throwable xEx) {

	fault = new Fault(xEx);
	exchange.getOut().setBody(new Object[] { "Exception raised ! KO" });

The porblem is that When an exception is thrown , the client doesn't receive
the message with the message "Exception raised ! KO"" we set in the body. We
get a empty response.

have we missed something ?
Kind regrads,