camel-users mailing list archives

From Fitzcaraldo <Brian.fitzger...@marlo.com.au>
Subject Packaging routes for deployment
Date Sat, 04 Aug 2012 06:28:22 GMT
Hi

I'm exploring strategies for packaging routes for deployment in as .war.  We
have a parent POM with multiple child projects each representing a single
route and each with its own POM. In general each child route is built with
its own camel-context.  We want to be able to deploy some but not all of the
child routes.

Some questions are:
Do people generally put all routes in a single context for deployment?
Does it matter if each route is deployed with a separate context?
Should I use a separate war for each route?

If I create a new Maven project to create the deployment war(s) - should I
pull the child jars from the Maven repo or build the projects again?

I'm keen to hear what others have done.

Thanks