camel-users mailing list archives

From helander <>
Subject camel-cache questions
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 08:05:57 GMT

first of all, I guess that a cache instance is accessable  from components
in the same VM, i.e. not bounded to a specific camel context or route?

By big question is related to the following scenario:

I have a set of CXF Endpoints and associated routes. At the end of the
routes, a request/reply to a JMS destination is performed. As part of
processing along the routes, I need to use data that is stored in an LDAP
server. I want to cache this data in order to avoid an LDAP server
round-trip on each request.

I would be most grateful, if someone could provide an outline of how this
could be done, preferably using Spring/Blueprint DSL, but Java DSL would be
fine to (I could probably "translate").

One thing that I wonder about is that, as I understand it, somehow need to
create an additional exchange to interact with the LDAP server, and how you
would "fork" a new exchange and "join" back to the original exchange when
the LDAP data has been returned, is mystery to me at the moment.