camel-users mailing list archives

From brenthale <br...@empowers.com>
Subject Is it possible to create a custom DataFormat to translate a message into a BlobMessage?
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 22:29:27 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to create a custom DataFormat to translate a message into a
BlobMessage?

I'd basically like to do something like the following:

from("file:a")
    .unmarshal().custom("convertToBlob")
    .to("activemq:someQueue");

My thought was to create a new BlobMessage and replace the exchange:
     exchange.setOut(blobMessage);

I know that BlobMessages are unique to ActiveMQ and handle things
differently.   I've been trying to do it but am currently stumbling on
getting a Session object that I can call createBlobMessage() on.

I can do what I need to using a Processor but if I could do it with a custom
DataFormat it would make it so much more elegant.

Any ideas?

-----

Brent