camel-users mailing list archives

From "nishant.rupani" <nishant.rup...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: Not writing to Error queue
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2012 05:25:58 GMT
Hi,

Yes, I've setup JMS. I checked the setup by putting "<to uri="wmqError:${error.queue}"
/>" directly into the router and it worked well.

Few more things I noticed,

-       if I call a method directly from main route that throws test exception then it gets
written to error queue fine. But if any of the recipient throws exception then it is not getting
written to error queue.

-       It is not that onException is not being executed at all. exceptionPrint method of
exceptionHandler is being called fine always.

Regards,
Nishant

From: Willem.Jiang [via Camel] [mailto:ml-node+s465427n5716539h96@n5.nabble.com]
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 10:48 AM
To: Rupani, Nishant (ISGT)
Subject: Re: Not writing to Error queue

Hi,

Why are you using the scheme of wmqError?
Did you setup up jms component with id of wmqError rightly?

On 7/25/12 5:50 PM, nishant.rupani wrote:

> I don't see any reference of retry or error queue write in logs. Method exceptionPrint
is being called fine.

> Snippet of my context is -
>
> 1)
>              <camel:camelContext id="mainroute" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring"
trace="true">

>                          <onException useOriginalMessage="true">
>                                      <exception>java.sql.SQLException</exception>
>                                      <redeliveryPolicy logRetryAttempted="true" logRetryStackTrace="true"
maximumRedeliveries="3"
>                                                  retryAttemptedLogLevel="DEBUG" retriesExhaustedLogLevel="ERROR"
/>
>                                      <handled>
>                                                  <constant>true</constant>
>                                      </handled>
>                                      <bean ref="exceptionHandler" method="exceptionPrint"
/>
>                                      <to uri="wmqError:${error.queue}" />
>                          </onException>
>
>                          <route id="main-router">
>                                      <from uri="wmq:${source.queue}" />
>                                      <camel:bean ref="xmlToBeanProcessor" />
>                                      <recipientList>
>                                                  <header>recipients</header>
>                                      </recipientList>
>
>                          </route>
>              </camel:camelContext>
>
> 2)
> <camel:camelContext id="mainroute" xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/spring" trace="true">
>
>                          <route id="main-router" errorHandlerRef="myDeadLetterErrorHandler">
>                                      <from uri="wmq:${source.queue}" />
>                                      <camel:bean ref="xmlToBeanProcessor" />
>                                      <recipientList>
>                                                  <header>recipients</header>
>                                      </recipientList>
>                          </route>
>
>              <bean id="myDeadLetterErrorHandler" class="org.apache.camel.builder.DeadLetterChannelBuilder">
>                          <property name="deadLetterUri" value="wmq:${error.queue}"
/>
>                          <property name="redeliveryPolicy" ref="myRedeliveryPolicyConfig"
/>
>              </bean>
>
>              <bean id="myRedeliveryPolicyConfig" class="org.apache.camel.processor.RedeliveryPolicy">
>                          <property name="maximumRedeliveries" value="1" />
>                          <property name="redeliveryDelay" value="1" />
>                          <property name="logHandled" value="true" />
>                          <property name="logExhausted" value="true" />
>                          <property name="logContinued" value="true" />
>                          <property name="logRetryAttempted" value="true" />
>                          <property name="logRetryStackTrace" value="true" />
>                          <property name="logStackTrace" value="true" />
>              </bean>
>              .
>              .
>              .

contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning
of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have
received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify
the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor
electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link:
http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify
us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley
you consent to the foregoing.

> --

Willem
FuseSource