camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Basic knowledge: onException
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 07:51:54 GMT
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Hilde <hilde.schwed@yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hello Claus!
>
> Thank you for your efforts in explaining me.
>
> If I get you right it means that a non handeld exception propagates the
> exception back
> to the caller whereas a route with no exception handling is lost or it is
> propagated to
> the default error handler?

Yes if you have onException then that kicks in, instead of the error handler.
So the onException is for fine grained error handler, based on the
exception type.

Where as error handler is coarse grained to deal with any other kind
of exceptions, and as a fallback etc.

So only one of them will kick-in and react upon the exception. Either
onException or the error handler.